We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our passionate team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of professionals in a fun and rewarding environment, then we encourage you to submit your resume. We will review your information and contact you as we have opportunities that may be the right fit.
OAI Visual Branding is a national, full service provider of creative solutions including: architectural signage, stadium graphics, retail and point of purchase displays, exhibits, billboards, banners and environmental graphics, just to name a few. With over 25 years of expertise, OAI is an industry leader in delivering cutting-edge visual branding solutions for some of the world’s most observed and respected brands.
OAI Visual Branding seeks an experienced digital grand/large format print operator to join our production team.
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience. Employees in our print department are integral to the success of our business and only the most qualified candidates will be considered. This position is responsible for safety, quality, and throughput. Key Operator also has the responsibility (when requested by management) to train and assist any new hire employees with all standard operating procedures and/or best practices. This person will understand profiles and condition of the press, keeping up on maintenance, and helping place processes in place to ensure the best quality product.
We are looking for an experienced printer who can hit the ground running and make this section of the business your own. You will have previous printing knowledge and experience, have an eye for detail, and be professional about your work. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate and run jobs to the specs given on the work orders
- Experience operating a large or grand format printer
- Maintain focus on safety, ensuring self and other team members are following safety policies and adhering to PPE standards
- Ensure all products are being produced to a high level of quality
- Remain engaged at all times, either performing duties to complete orders or maintaining housekeeping/5S
- Appropriately manage time card and schedule
- Work with leads to ensure basic maintenance and cleanliness of all production equipment
- Communicate machine downtime to leads and assist with the repair as needed
- In-depth knowledge of RIP software
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Have a positive attitude that promotes a great work environment
- Ability to understand verbal and/or read written instructions
- Computer literacy
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Large Format Digital Print operations
- Considerable knowledge of printing substrates and characteristics
- Strong multi-tasking skills, capable of handling tight deadlines and high volume
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly detail oriented, professional, and organized
- High mechanical aptitude
- Able to lift 70 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Ability to perform physical work for up to 12 hour shifts
- Willing to work on a rotating shift, for long hours and overtime as necessary
- Willing to learn and put in their best efforts for production
- Quality minded
- Safety focused
- Team player
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Capable of working in demanding situations when required
- Able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs. unassisted and 70+ lbs with an assist
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be able to work as a team
- Work under compressed timelines and other resource limitations
- Must be flexible to learn other duties and positions within the organization and perform these duties at the direction of the Production Manager, Supervisor or Lead.
To apply, please submit a brief summary of printer models you are familiar with along with your current resume. Applications that do not provide this information will be discarded without review.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Education and Formal Training
High School diploma, G.E.D or equivalent work experience
Preferred general production experience